There are countless ways to reduce your grocery store bills. Here are just a few of them.
- Groceries. Shop at a store that rewards you. Join their rewards program to get members only discounts and accrue points that you can redeem for store gift cards.
- Food. Certain foods are cheaper than others. A meal of rice, beans and vegetables are cheaper and healthier than a meat based meal.
- Soda. Soft drinks are far more expensive than water. Instead, improve your health and keep your wallet healthier by drinking more water.
- Bottled Water. Tap water is practically free while with bottled water, you’re buying the plastic bottle for the most part. Help the environment and your wallet by not buying plastic bottles.
- Eat less. You’re not supposed to need to eat until you can’t eat any more. You should only eat as much as you body requires it. For most, this means you can eat less, lose weight and save money.
- Costco / Sam’s Club. Invest in a club membership card. Your first few visits will pay for the card.
- Buy in bulk. When you see a good deal, jump on it and purchase several of them.
- Eat in. Don’t make a habit out of eating at restaurants. The markup on food and drinks is amazingly high.
- Coupons. Saving a dollar or two here and there adds up to a few hundred bucks per year.